When you work as a tradie you want to save as much money as possible so you can afford the more enjoyable things in life like a holiday or that new car you've been eyeing off. That's easier said than done with the cost of living increasing all the time and things like bills and food making a huge dent in the weekly expenses.
It's important to remember that there's more to saving than working long hours or taking on too many jobs. An easy way to get some extra money in the bank is to make small changes in other areas of your life. It all adds up and a few simple changes could make all the difference!
Easy Tips to Save Money
- Be strategic when filling your work vehicle - A lot of people get into the habit of just filling their car whenever it starts to get empty. However, if you're a bit strategic, it can save you money. Keep an eye on petrol prices online and also don't forget to hold on to your discount dockets from the supermarket.
- Save on your phone bill - There are some very cheap service providers for your mobile phone so don't think you have to stay with the main companies. Shop around online to see what deals you can get. Also, don't automatically upgrade your phone when your contract expires. This can be very expensive when you work out how much you're actually paying for your phone over the term of the contract.
- Review your insurance - It's easy to renew your insurance policy each year without looking into it. Looking at your insurance policy can be an easy way to save some money. Have a chat to your insurance broker to see if they can find a better deal for you and review how much insurance you actually need.
- Think about tax time - Tradies often forget how much they can actually claim back when it comes to tax time. Have a chat to an accountant and they will be able to tell you what you can claim. Remember, you may be able to claim things like your phone and internet if you use them for work. Hold onto receipts if you've purchased things for work. It all adds up and it can be a nice surprise to get a decent tax return!
- Compare your suppliers - Have a think about your electricity, gas and water suppliers and do some homework to see if there is another company out there who is willing to offer you a cheaper rate. Even if it only saves you a few dollars, it can really add up.
For Your Insurance Needs
As a tradie, you must have the correct insurance package in place to protect yourself financially. However, if you're on a budget, have a chat to your insurance broker who will help you find areas to save.
For any queries about your tradie insurance, contact All Trades Cover on 1300 826 850 and we will be more than happy to help!